Friday, November 23, 2007

Disgusted...

Having diligently watched the trots, gallops and dogs from all over Australia on Trackside during my stay in NZ, I ventured into the health hazard that is the Haymarket TAB in George Street, Sydney confident that I would be able to see the Dominion Handicap live from Addington. (It's the top race of the year for trotters in NZ.) But no, to my utter disgust no sign of Addington on any screen.. plenty of pacing from all corners of OZ plus greyhounds. Where's the reciprocity? Whose negotiating the Trackside contracts? (I see there was a Southland galloping meeting imported late morning when they were short of fodder, but nothing later.) RaceTAB NSW website is interesting... versions in English, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese.) So I came home and watched it on HRNZ website, awarded the best HR site in the world at the recent Conference. Mountbatten, a 5yo son of Earl won in a km rate of 1.17.4 (3200m standing start).

No comments: